Follow The Eagle Club via text messaging, just text EAGLECLUB to 90210.
The Eagle Club is the fundraising arm of the athletic program at Carson-Newman College. What began with a handful of dreamers willing to invest in their visions of athletic success has today become an ever-growing host of enthusiastic supporters throughout the state and nation.
The Eagle Club's first priority is the funding of athletic scholarships. *Your total contribution will supplied directly to athletic scholarships for Carson-Newman's sixteen intercollegiate sports. Without your support for adequate scholarship funding, Carson-Newman would not be able to attract student-athletes of the caliber necessary to compete in NCAA Division II play.
As a member of the Eagle Club, you will experience the satisfaction of joining a true athletic scholarship program...one that will insure the future of our family at Carson-Newman. For further information, please contact the Eagle Club by calling (865) 471-3364.
THE FAMILY OF EAGLES
The long range goal of the Eagle Club is to one day fund all of the athletic scholarships at Carson-Newman College. That is quite a challenge, but your loyalty and generosity can make that happen.
By becoming part of "The Family of Eagles", Carson-Newman will continue to have the opportunity to provide athletic scholarships to young men and women who learn to compete in the classroom and on the athletic field as well. We can enhance a balanced and competitive Eagle athletic program that brings pride and recognition to Carson-Newman College.
One of the desires of our athletic department is to be the rallying point for all students, faculty, alumni, parents and friends of the college. Help us keep that dream alive, and make it thrive, by becoming a member of the Eagle Club today.
- The Eagles and Lady Eagles compete in the eight team South Atlantic Conference.
- Carson-Newman sponsors 16 varsity athletic teams at the NCAA Division II level.
- Each year over 50 C-N student-athletes are named to the South Atlantic Conference Academic Honor Roll.
- The CN football team has won 18 of the last 26 SAC championships.
- The 1965 Eagle baseball team that won the NAIA National Championship marked the first National Championship in C-N athletic history.
- The Eagles won national football championships in 1983, 1984, 1986, 1988 and 1989 and were finalists in 1972, 1987, 1996, 1998 and 1999.
- In 13 seasons of eligibility at the NCAA Division II level, every sport Carson-Newman fields has received an invitation to the post-season.
- Since the South Atlantic Conference was formed, C-N has won over 70 league championships in the sport of baseball, women's cross country, men's and women's basketball, football, men's soccer, softball, men's tennis and volleyball.
- Since 1937, over 75 Eagles have gone on to play professional football, including 6 who are still active in the NFL, Arena League, World League of American Football or Canadian League.
- Nationally known C-N Athletic Hall of Fame members include Dana X. Bible, a college football coaching legend, Sylvia Hatchell, UNC Women's Basketball Head Coach and Bernie Moore, former commissioner of the Southeastern Conference.