Cavalier moves on to final five in Stretch Internet Call of the Year
Watch Sanders' Stunner here
JEFFERSON CITY, Tenn. – Carson-Newman play-by-play voice Adam Cavalier (Montgomery, W.Va.) has made it to the final round of Stretch Internet's Call of the Year contest.
The staff at Stretch Internet – the streaming company Carson-Newman and many other entities partner with to webstream live sporting events – pared an initial list of ten selected by fan vote down to the final five. The winner will be announced at Stretch Internet's VIP reception at the CoSIDA convention Thursday evening.
Cavalier's call of Ish Sanders' (Cleveland, Tenn.) game-winning three pointer in a regular season win over Lenoir-Rhyne was one of 10 calls nationwide selected by fan vote before being narrowed to the final five.
Carson-Newman's entry received the fourth most votes in the initial round of voting.
Call of the Year Final Five
- Wittenberg – Wittenberg football Sportscenter Top 10 Endzone Flip
- Carson-Newman – Sanders' Stunner
- La Salle – Explorers move on to Sweet 16 with SW Philly Floater
- Ohio University – Bobcats Beat the Clock and Kent State
- Oberlin College – Robin Witjes 89-yard touchdown catch