Lady Eagles Cruise to 9-0 Win at Newberry
NEWBERRY, S.C. — The Carson-Newman women's tennis team cruised to a 9-0 victory over Newberry on Saturday in South Atlantic Conference action at Cannon Courts.
With the win, the Lady Eagles improve to 7-3 on the season and 2-3 in conference play. Newberry drops to 1-9 overall and 0-4 in the SAC.
The Lady Eagles got off to a solid start by sweeping the doubles matches. Amanda Bartlett (Powder Springs, Ga.) and Taryn Cappadona (Kennesaw, Ga.) notched an 8-3 win over Newberry's Autise Mortimer and Amanda Simmons in No. 1 doubles. C-N's Kylie Elliott (Maryville, Tenn.) and Elizabeth Sneed (Kingsport, Tenn.) then defeated Rebekah Crouch and Stephanie Matthews, 8-0, in No. 2 doubles, while Stephanie Goode (Maryville, Tenn.) and Megan Wilson (Maryville, Tenn.) completed the sweep with an 8-0 win over Lindsay Kyzer and Sierra Hoover in the No. 3 doubles match.
Bartlett, Cappadona, Elliott, Sneed, Goode and Wilson then sealed the win by claiming victories in their respective singles matches.
The Lady Eagles return to action on Sunday at North Georgia.
Carson-Newman 9, Newberry 0
Mar 27, 2010 at Newberry, S.C. (Cannon Courts)
1. Amanda Bartlett (CNW) def. Autise Mortimer (NEWW) 6-4, 3-6, 10-8
2. Elizabeth Sneed (CNW) def. Amanda Simmons (NEWW) 6-0, 6-1
3. Kylie Elliot (CNW) def. Rebekah Crouch (NEWW) 6-0, 6-2
4. Taryn Cappadona (CNW) def. Lindsay Kyzer (NEWW) 6-0, 6-1
5. Megan Wilson (CNW) def. Stephanie Matthews (NEWW) 6-0, 6-0
6. Stephanie Goode (CNW) def. Sierra Hoover (NEWW) 6-0, 1-0, retired
1. Amanda Bartlett/Taryn Cappadona (CNW) def. Autise Mortimer/Amanda Simmons (NEWW) 8-3
2. Elizabeth Sneed/Kylie Elliot (CNW) def. Rebekah Crouch/Stephanie Matthews (NEWW) 8-0
3. Stephanie Goode/Megan Wilson (CNW) def. Lindsay Kyzer/Sierra Hoover (NEWW) 8-0